* Everyone needs magnesium as it affects the entire body and body systems.
* The best format to use magnesium is generally topically as the skin is the largest organ we have.
* Topical magnesium is efficient and effective.
Why Should I Use Magnesium?
Magnesium is an essential mineral and an electrolyte. Why does the body need magnesium?
* To help regulate blood pressure
* To help neutralize stomach acid and relieve symptoms
* To help support proper function of nerves, muscles and tissue
* To help keep bones strong
* To help support growth and development in babies and children
* To help move stools through the intestine and prevents constipation
How do you know that you might need to take magnesium?
You could try to use magnesium topically when you have:
* Muscle twitches and cramps
* Fatigue and Muscle weakness
* High Blood Pressure
* Irregular heartbeat
* Constant and excruciating headaches
* You get easily injured
* Blood sugar spikes
* Anxiety and depression
How should I use magnesium?
There are magnesium supplements and magnesium rich foods like: almonds, pumpkins seeds and dark chocolate! However, for the quickest, easiest way to get magnesium into your body system magnesium lotions, butters and oils are the most economical and efficient. With 2–3 dessert teaspoons your body receives 300–350 mg of magnesium.
Review the table below for the recommended daily allowance (RDA) or adequate intake for men and women in the USA:
- Apply magnesium oil liberally to clean skin of torso, legs, and arms. Avoid sensitive areas such as wounds and mucous membranes.
- It is normal to experience a tingling sensation during initial use, especially if applied to dry, not well hydrated skin, or areas of thinner skin layer such as inner arm, wrist or neck.
- If an unpleasant tingling sensation does occur, do not worry, select a less sensitive area of your body, such as your legs or calves and start with a few drops first and lower the application time to 1 or 2 minutes. Gradually, you can increase the time to 20-25 minutes and the amount to 2-3mg per application.
- After applying MG spray you may notice a slight salt mineral residue remaining when the solution dries. This is normal, it is just like when you swim in the ocean, you can have the same salty feeling.
- You can rinse it or wipe it off with a wet towel after 20-25 minutes if desired.
- For muscle ache or cramps you should apply the oil to the area which is affected
- Athletes could apply magnesium oils both before and after exercise. Applying before could supply enough magnesium during exercise and can prevent muscle cramps, while post exercise it could speed up the recovery process significantly.
- For children only the SENSITIVE OIL is recommended. Try to apply it to their sole before bed time or after they fell asleep but be cautious.
- Be aware allowing the oil to soak longer than 30 or 40 minutes application can dry the skin for some individuals.
- Most people use the oil about 30 minutes before their shower to make it more convenient.
- Feel free to use the oils multiple times per day. Especially if your special situation (sport, nursing, recovering from surgery, stress etc.) requires more magnesium.
- To maximize the magnesium absorption you can either cover larger body surface with magnesium oil, hydrate your skin, increase the time oil is left on the skin (min 20 min), increase circulation of the top layer of the skin with massage, select hairy skin area, due to the fact that hair follicles play a viral part in the magnesium absorption, use oil with optiMSM since the MSM acts as a delivery agent and increases the magnesium absorption rate, use it with connection with other magnesium lotions (oil before shower, lotion after shower), take regular (max 2-3 times a week) high dosage (1-2Kg MgCl2 flakes / 50-80 liters bath water) magnesium flake baths,
- Magnesium overdose (Hypermagnesemia) is rare because the kidneys work to get rid of excess magnesium. Overdose is most often seen in people with kidney failure. Consult your doctor to use magnesium products if you have kidney problems.
Magnesium levels in OSI Magnesium Oil:* Magnesium Oil contains 101mg elemental Magnesium per 1ml
* Magnesium Oil + OptiMSM contains about 95mg elemental Magnesium and 125mg MSM (from OptiMSM®) per 1ml
- Magnesium bath flakes offer a highly effective, yet calming means of absorbing magnesium with the benefit of an immersive, full body bath or convenient foot soak.
- Dissolve 200-600g or 1-3 cups (or more if desired) of the magnesium bath flakes into a warm footbath or full tub bath, and soak for 30 minutes or longer.
- You can dissolve up to 3 kg (6.6 lbs) of magnesium chloride flakes in a full bath tub for intense applications.
- Children can have sensitive skin, so you’ll want to start with a very dilute solution of 100g (3.5 ounces) per bath first. If there is no skin irritation, you can increase the dosage.
- Remember oceans have 3% salt (sodium chloride) concentration. To reach 3% concentration with Magnesium Chloride salt, you need to add over 600g per 10 liter bath water which is a lot of salt. (Note: Magnesium Chloride flakes contains only 47% pure Magnesium Chloride, the rest 53% is water and some trace minerals)
- Temperature of the water should be warm, but not hot. Hot water causes the skin to sweat and eliminate rather than absorb.
Magnesium levels in OSI Magnesium flakes:* Magnesium Bath Flakes contains approximately 12g elemental magnesium per 100g
- Magnesium Body Lotions skin nourishing properties made with the worlds purest magnesium oil and other fine ingredients, such as shea butter, sweet almond oil and OptiMSM®, forming a smooth, quickly absorbed emulsion. It is perfume free. Its fresh scent comes from organic east Indian lemon grass essential oil.
- Apply desired amount and massage thoroughly into clean skin.
- Best to use after a warm shower.
- We do not recommend applying to freshly shaven skin.
Magnesium levels in OSI Magnesium Body Lotion:* Magnesium Body Lotion + OptiMSM contains 130mg elemental magnesium and 650mg MSM (from OptiMSM®) per 5ml / one teaspoon / 4 full pump press
- ŐSIMAGNESIUM Good Night Body Lotion + Melatonin + OptiMSM skin nourishing properties made with the worlds purest magnesium oil and other fine ingredients, such as shea butter, sweet almond oil, OptiMSM® and Melatonin, forming a smooth, quickly absorbed emulsion. It is perfume free. Its fresh scent comes from organic east Indian lemon grass essential oil.
- Apply desired amount to chest, neck, or abdomen 30 minutes before sleep for best results.
Magnesium levels in OSI Magnesium Body Lotion + Opti MSM:* Magnesium Melatonin Body Lotion + OptiMSM contains 130mg elemental magnesium, 650mg MSM (from OptiMSM®) and 3mg of Melatonin per 5ml / one teaspoon / 4 full pump press
- ŐSIMAGNESIUM magnesium Gel and Cooling Massage Lotion is a unique, viscous formulation designed for body massage to provide longer lasting lubrication on the skin.
- Cooling Massage Lotion contains magnesium oil which relaxes the muscle, Menthol which provides cooling, fast pain relieving affect, while the Ginger and Arnica Montana help with the underlying inflammation. It does not contain Camphor which could be toxic for humans. Other beneficial plant based oils such as sunflower oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, soybean oil, castor oil and jojoba oil nourishes and provides vital nutrition’s to the skin.
- How to use the gel and cooling massage lotion:
- Apply desired amount and massage thoroughly onto clean skin. Some therapist use Magnesium Oil as a first layer of application to increase magnesium concentration and to hydrate the skin to lower stickiness of the gel
- If magnesium gel begins to dry during extended use, wet your hands slightly and continue massaging skin to rehydrate.
- Neither Gel nor Cooling Lotion will fully absorb. Its main purpose is to provide long lasting lubrication for therapeutic massage.
- Cooling Massage Lotion contains less magnesium, only 25% of the Gel, so it could be used by sensitive individuals too, who don’t like the magnesium oil / gel itchiness.
- After use, rinse or wipe them off with a damp towel.
Magnesium levels in OSI Magnesium Gel:* Magnesium Gel: 500mg elemental magnesium per 5ml (one teaspoon)
* Cooling Massage Lotion contains 138mg elemental magnesium per 5ml / one teaspoon / 4 full pump press
Click Below for our FREE E-Book How to Use Magnesium: