After just sitting down with a lovely fruit smoothie on a beautiful summer day, just having returned from a morning walk through the neighborhood, your young adult daughter yells out to you from the other room. “What dear?” She repeats herself, but you respond again with “Sorry, I can’t hear you, can you speak up?” Yes, of course, sometimes people talk softly, but in the past you would have heard her the first time she called to you. Suddenly, it hits you. My hearing seems to be diminishing. Lately it seems you’ve had to ask several times for people to speak up or repeat themselves. Well, this leaves you pondering, there has to me something wrong with me, right?
A lot of people do not realize that there are differences between the types of magnesium, their effects and their absorption rates.
Even if you have no sleeping issues, anyone over 40 should be taking melatonin. 19 Research papers reveal that melatonin promotes all of these unexpected effects:
- Protects against viral and bacterial infections
- Prevents cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure,
- Reduces oxidant stress and inflammation and slows aging,
- Prevents neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- Improves menopause therapy
- Protects against ionizing radiation,
- Prevents macular degeneration
- Prevents and treats cancer